Most women are aware of the major pregnancy signs and symptoms. Not all women have a regular menstrual cycle; however, many do. They know when they are late and they know when they should test, especially if they go a number of days beyond an expected period. Some know that feeling very tired and/or throwing up, all day or just at certain times of the day, also signal that a test should be taken either at home or at the doctor’s office.
Those are the most common pregnancy signs and symptoms, but there are other more subtle ones that can indicate a baby is on the way.
When women are pregnant, their entire bodies changes. Many of these changes are very small, and some do not notice them until they know they are pregnant. A woman who is carrying a baby will be warmer than usual. This is not usually noticeable to her right away, but someone else touching her skin may notice this. If you do not show any other pregnancy signs and symptoms, this one may not be a huge indication, but can be added to others. If your husband or significant other comments that your skin is really warm or even hot over the period of a few days or weeks, your body may be building a baby.
Changes in the breasts can be common pregnancy symptoms, but not all changes are substantial. Some women barely notice the difference right away. The breasts grow when a woman in pregnant, and the pigment in the nipple darkens. However, while someone women notice this right away, along with breast tenderness, some women only have small changes in this area, or these changes mimic premenstrual breast changes. At times, these signs have to go on for a few weeks before a women realizes these are not their normal cyclic breast changes.
You may think that cravings are part of common pregnancy signs and symptoms, but not always. We often crave foods when our bodies need something and you do not have to be pregnant for this to happen. Some assume cravings for things like salt or fruit are just common cravings and do not indicate pregnancy. Actually, for more women, cravings are not for unusual things. Even those that have a well balanced diet may crave things like fruit when they are pregnant. Because this is not an uncommon craving, many do not use it as a pregnancy sign. If you are having cravings, consider pregnancy if you have other signs as well.
Another uncommon type of pregnancy signs and symptoms is aversions to something you usually like. If you enjoy drinks on the weekends with friends, you may not be totally adverse, but something inside of you may feel like drinking less or none at all, even when you do not realize that you are expecting. You do not yet know but your body does. You may find that you do not drink as much or suddenly do not feel like going out much. You may find things you once enjoyed repulsive and have no idea why. If so, consider this to be a pregnancy symptom as well.
1st signs of pregnancy
Pregnancy changes lives monumentally and whether someone is trying to conceive or not, the 1st signs of pregnancy are crucial in telling a woman what will come next in her life. Over the years, technology has improved so much that very little data is needed to determine whether or not a woman is pregnant.
If a woman is late and misses her monthly menstruation, this is the most well known sign of early pregnancy. If the period is different from what the woman is used to and last shorter or longer, she may be pregnant.
- Many women experience nausea and throw up. This is commonly referred to as morning sickness and is often a sign of pregnancy. This does not mean the woman has to fell sick only in the morning. Any nauseous and/or vomiting could be sign of pregnancy and the symptoms could be worse if you have not eaten yet, which is usually during the morning.
- Soreness and/or enlargement of the breasts are other 1st signs of pregnancy. The breast may be preparing to produce milk to feed a baby and this process may be painful. The breasts may also expand to make room for the newly produced milk. If you notice a change in your breasts, this may be a sign of pregnancy.
- Another of the 1st signs of pregnancy is having to urinate constantly. This symptom can carry all the way through the end of the pregnancy, or the third trimester. A woman’s pregnancy causes a lot of extra fluids to be pushed through the kidneys, making it crucial to urinate often.
- Being tired all the time could be another sign of early pregnancy. Your body is preparing to grow a fetus inside and your hormones are already changing your attitude and mood, which can be mentally exhausting.
- Another common sign of pregnancy is bizarre cravings. Since pregnancy enhances all senses, a woman’s ability to smell is heightened, causing her to desire foods she may not normally want. Some stereotypical cravings are pickles, ice cream, raw meat and peanut butter. There is nothing wrong with indulging from time to time, but good nutritional is a vital part of having a healthy pregnancy.
Movement is another of the 1st signs of pregnancy. Feeling movement in your mid-section could be a developing fetus. Any movement you feel should warrant a trip to the doctor’s office for a pregnancy test and possible ultrasound to determine what could be causing the movement.